Animal Control Department Home
- Director: Melissa Lewis
Monday – Friday • 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
310 Dupont Rd, Morris, IL 60450
Phone – (815) 942-9214
Fax – (815) 942-5265
All animals are spayed/neutered, Rabies Vaccine, Microchipped, de-wormed, distemper combo, and flea protection.
Female Dogs $219.00
Male Dogs $189.00
Female Cats $149.00
Male Cats $129.00
- Cares for abandoned, abused, lost and surrendered dogs and cats in Grundy County
- Enforces State and County Laws for domestic animals
- Provides resources to the public regarding cats and dogs
- Places adoptable cats and dogs into homes
- Returns lost pets to their owners
- Register dogs and cats in Grundy County
Registration Fees – Dogs and Companion Cats (this DOES NOT apply to feral cats)
To pay online you MUST add the $3 shipping and handling fee to the normal fee amount.
One year rabies vaccine/altered $15.00 $18.00
One year rabies vaccine/unaltered $45.00 $48.00
Three year rabies vaccine/altered $25.00 $28.00
Three year rabies vaccine/unaltered $60.00 $63.00
**It is required for online registration to email your pet’s rabies certificate to email@example.com – In the subject line, please state “Rabies Registration”.
**Click on the button below to make your payment. You MUST pay the amount listed under “Pay Online” to process your transaction. This amount includes the shipping & handling fees to process and receive the required tag by mail.
** When completed your pets Registration Tag will be mailed to you.
Rabies Vaccine – IT’S THE LAW!
- Every owner of a dog 4 months or more of age shall have each dog inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian.
- Every owner of a cat that is a companion animal and is 4 months or more of age shall have each cat inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian.
*****See Illinois Animal Control Act (510 ILCS 5/8) (from Ch. 8, par. 358) for full requirements of Rabies inoculation.
After hours Emergency Reports
Duty hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.
After duty hours we will only respond to the following:
- Animal bite in which the animal is not contained by the owner and is posing a threat and the owner cannot be located.
- An injured domestic (dog or cat) stray animal and the owner cannot be located.
- Police assists involving animals (arrests, house fire, car accidents)
Non-emergencies that we will NOT respond to consist of the following:
- Animal’s running loose.
- Animal bites in which the owner of the biting animal is present.
We do not handle any wildlife. Contact wildlife personnel, Daniel Brault at 815-471-6155 or Rob Wolf at 708-203-7967. Please note that any wildlife personnel are independent and will charge for their services.
For more information on living with wildlife in our area visit https://www.wildlifeillinois.org.
24 Hour Vets in the area
Need emergency pet care after hours?
Animal Care Center of Plainfield
14411 Illinois Route 59
Plainfield IL 60544
VCA Aurora Animal Hospital
2600 W Galena Blvd
Aurora IL 60506
Local Vet Services
Animal Care of Morris – Morris 815-941-9924
Dwight Veterinary Clinic – Dwight 815-671-4070
Lakewood Animal Hospital – Morris 815-942-1199
Mallard Point Veterinary – Channahon 815-467-4855
Minooka Animal Hospital – Minooka 815-467-0700
Morris Veterinary – Morris 815-942-2100
Pine Bluff Animal Hospital – Morris 815-942-5365
Shirkey Veterinary Clinic – Coal City 815-634-2424
Skinner Veterinary Hospital – Wilmington 815-476-9500
Mobile Vets in the area
Does your pet need care in a more relaxed setting such as your home? Or do you not have transportation to get your pet to the Vet? These Vets will come to you.
Safford Veterinary Services 331-212-0836
Gold Medal Veterinary 815-634-8801
Dr. Joe Mobile Vet 815-545-9288