Grundy County Administration Building
1320 Union Street
Morris Illinois 60450
To provide current and future Grundy County residents with a plan that will protect our natural resources, balance growth, provide transportation plan that will meet the changing population and provide economic growth opportunities for industrial and commercial users.
Zoning Board of Appeals
- Robert Breisch, Chairman
- Al Skwarczynski, Vice Chairman
- Mark Hill, Member
- Dick Joyce, Member
- Lisa Lynch, Member
- Sid Nelson, Member
- Mark Sandeno, Member
Land Use Committee
- Debra Jo Kinsella, Land Use Committee; Chair
- Eric Rasmussen, Land Use Committee; Vice Chair
- Millie Dyer, Land Use Committee
- Harold Vota, Land Use Committee
- Mike Onorato, Land Use Committee
- Joshua Harris, Land Use Committee
- Drew Muffler, Land Use Committee
The Planning and Zoning Office provides staff support to the Zoning Board of Appeals, Land Use Committee and County Board.
The Zoning Board of Appeals provides Public Hearings for Map Amendments, Subdivision Plats, Special Uses, Text Amendments, and Variances.
All Map Amendments, Subdivision Plats, Special Uses, and Text Amendments are recommended by the Zoning Board of Appeals to the Land Use Committee and the County Board.
The Land Use Committee reviews the Public Hearing recommendation from the Zoning Board of Appeals and also recommends to the County Board for final action.
Variances are approved or denied by the Zoning Board of Appeals during their Public Hearing.
Special Use/Map Amendment/Text Amendment Flow Chart:
Variance Flow Chart:
- Coordination of the County Storm Water Ordinance
- Solar Facility Construction, Coordination, and Monitoring
- Implementation of the 2019 Five Year Update to the Grundy County Solid Waste Plan