Treasurer FAQ

(Click the plus sign to expand and read answers)

Where can I pay my Tax Bill?

Tax bills may be paid at the County Treasurer’s Office.

Debit or Credit Card payments are accepted.
Monday — Friday • 8:00 AM — 4:30 PM

111 E. Washington Street, Room 33
Morris, IL 60450
Phone (815) 941-3215 • Fax (815) 941-3448
The Treasurer’s Office is located in the Courthouse Building, 111 E. Washington Street, across from the Morris Post Office.

Or you can also go to your local bank.

How do I read my Tax Bill?
  1. Fair Market Value / 3= Total State Eq. Value
  2. State Eq. Value – Exemptions = Taxable Value
  3. Taxable Value x Tax Rate = Taxes Due


Itemized statement represents amount due to each taxing body



Mobile Home Taxes

Mobile Home taxes are based on the age of the mobile home and the square footage.

Model Year Taxes per Square Foot
1st and 2nd year 15 cents
3rd, 4th and 5th year 13.5 cents
6th, 7th and 8th year 12 cents
9th, 10th and 11th year 10.5 cents
12th, 13th and 14th year 9 cents


Grundy MH tax bill


Mobile home tax money is distributed to the various taxing districts such as schools, libraries, townships, etc.

A 20% discount for senior citizens.

Mobile home taxes must be paid in full to receive a tax release from the Grundy County Treasurer. The release must accompany the title when sent to the State of Illinois for re-issuance of a new title.

Translate »